It’s time to make your winterization appointment. To do so, please call our service department at 615-444-BOAT (2628).
TYPES OF APPOINTMENTS
We offer two appointment options to meet your winterization needs:
- Express Drive Thru appointment (our most popular option)
- Drop off appointment
THE IMPORTANCE OF WINTERIZATION
Regardless of where your boat is stored – on a lift, at a storage facility, even in a heated garage, your machine sits unused for 5-6 months. Our winterization procedure is a critical step to keep your boat and engine healthy during the winter months for several reasons – most importantly, it:
- Protects your engine from cracks due to freeze.
- Lubricates your motor and protects it from flash rusting.
- Treats the fuel delivery system.
We take great pride in our winterization process, which does not require a de-winterization come spring time. This work includes:
- Treating your fuel and your entire fuel delivery system.
- Fogging the intake to protect the top side of your engine from rusting.
- Draining your engine of all water, flushing it with environmentally safe anti-freeze and re-plugging. (Unlike other service centers who may simply drain your fluids, we fill your engine with anti-freeze to protect and lubricate it.)
ADDITIONAL WINTERIZATION SERVICES AVAILABLE
The following services are available as add-ons for your convenience during your winterization appointment:
- Shrink wrap *Gear must be removed from all storage compartments. Boat must be completely dry, including cushions and foam, carpets and canvas, ballast, bilge, storage compartments, etc.
- Boat detail *Gear must be removed from all storage compartments.
- Replace impeller
- Change oil and filter
- Check engine alignment
- Replace fuel filter
- Transmission service
- Tune-up (150 hours)
- Ilmor check valve
- Ballast impellers
Here are a few things to remember prior to your winterization appointment:
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time with your boat keys.
- Remove any gear from your ballast compartments.
- If you have a drop off appointment, bring your cover and poles.
- If you are taking advantage of our shrink wrap or detail services, remove all gear from all storage compartments. Ensure your boat is completely dry for a shrink wrap, including your cushions and foam, carpets and canvas, ballast, bilge, and storage compartments.
- Please be prepared to pick up your boat within 2 days of completion to avoid a storage fee.